- Serves: 12people
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cooking: 30 mins
This is a very basic recipe. It’s easy, delicious and inexpensive to make. It is perfect for any occasion.
(All your ingredients are available in-store)
- To make the dough, combine all the dough ingredients to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 8-10 minutes or until smooth.
- Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle a clean surface with cake flour and roll the dough out to 1cm thick.
- Use a 8cm cookie cutter to cut out rounds then place on a greased baking sheet, leaving enough space for the dough to rise.
- Cover loosely with clingwrap and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- In the meantime, make the dusting sugar by combining the sugar and rosemary in food processor.
- Process until the rosemary is finely chopped and the sugar smells fragrant.
- Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot or deep-fryer until 180C (a cube of bread dropped into the oil should brown within 5 seconds), working in batches, fry the risen doughnuts on one side (about 3-4 minutes) until golden, then turn them over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Immediately coat the hot doughnuts in the sugar.
- Place the apricot jam in a piping bag or squeezy bottle.
- Use a sharp knife to make a hole in the side of the doughnut then pipe in the jam.
- Serve immediately.